RipTide™ Brewing Pump
The RipTide™ pump - built from the ground up as a homebrewing pump! $199.99. Includes valve and base - a $50 retail value!
Gone are the days of making do with a general purpose pump such as the March 815 and all the variant imported copies. These pumps are cumbersome to disassemble, difficult to prime to get the wort moving, require the addition of a valve, a switch, and a proper base to hold the pump upright. They also use noisy open motors that must be shielded from liquids. All undesireable attributes for a homebrewing pump! The team of homebrewers at Blichmann Engineering and our friends at March Manufacturing have created the RipTide™ to solve all of these problems!
Upgrade your March / Chugger type pump for as little as $99 with our upgrade kit! Coming late Summer!
The all new RipTide™ is the very first pump designed specifically for homebrewing! We've solved the problems that have plagued homebrewers for years!
- High performance curved blade impeller and strong rare earth magnets deliver 7 GPM and up to 21ft of pressure head!
- Tri-clamp head connection fully disassembles in seconds for easy cleaning
- 1/2" NPT inlet and outlet connections
- Totally enclosed motor is splash proof and super quiet (50 dB)
- Integral linear flow valve for superior flow control - don't spend more money for a separate valve and fittings. A separate valve and fittings can easily cost you an additional $25-35!
- Integral air vent valve and partially enclosed impeller design allows you to prime the pump in seconds - no more frustrating air locked pumps!
- Stainless steel head rotates 360 degrees to fit in virtually any installation
- Large stable base with protective rubber feet keeps the pump from tipping - a $25 retail value included!
- Convenient power switch on the base
- Includes a 10ft long cord with plug (120V)
- Base acts as a cord wrap for convenient storage
- Assembled in USA from USA and imported components
- Patent pending
RipTide™ is the last homebrew pump you'll need!
The new riptide pump out flows the competition while running at three times the efficiency!* When the flow rate decreases, the pressure goes up to provide a better whirlpool for cleaner wort, faster chilling, and a quicker transfer than ever before. Due to the curved vane impeller, you can pump over a gallon per minute faster at the same pressure as the competition’s pump.
*Based on hydraulic horsepower comparisons between a widely common home brewing pump and the new RipTide pump.
The RipTide™ pump is the only pump that is truly developed specifically for homebrewing. As a team of avid homebrewers, and listening to our customers, we've added features and made the product easier to use. Here is how we stack up to the competition:
Chugger™ & March 815™
|Bearings||Ball, permanantly lubed||Bushings (requires lubrication)||Ball, permanantly lubed|
|Switch||Water-tight, included on base||None||None|
|Base||Large stable base||Medium, tips easily||None|
|Flow control valve||Linear Flow Valve (included)||None||None|
|Pump head material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel or Plastic||Stainless Steel|
|Disassembly||No tools, seconds||8 screws||8 screws|
|Head orientation positions||Infinite||4 positions||4 positions|
|Priming||Priming vent valve included||None||None|
|Impeller||Partially enclosed curved blade||Open straight||Curved blade|
|Cord length||10 ft||6ft||6ft|
|Noise level||Ultra quiet||Noisy||Very quiet|
|Pressure (ft of lift)||21ft||18ft||16ft|
|Flow (max)||7 GPM||7 GPM||7 GPM|
|Price with valve and nipple||Included!||Not available||$184.99|